Monday 17 June 2013

Calling Mr Jack Neo... Or the Pang Brothers

MR Jack Neo... Or the Pang Brothers, where are you? I've got this book, a compilation of "true" ghost stories in Singapore, set in the 50s and 60s. I am sure some of the tales will make a good scary movie -- you know, one of those three-in-one ghost movies?  It has a lot of accounts from witnesses. Really delicious to read, with detailed descriptions of where, what, how and even why the "encounters" happened.

Please call me if you need someone to write the script ;)

My brother bought the book at the Indian stall at the mouth of the lane where we lived in Serangoon Gardens. It was old and tattered. Probably second or third-hand. Many years later, I came home from school to find it in our dustbin outside. (My brother must be packing his room.) I picked it up and it had stayed with me till now -- after I have moved house like three times!

[Picture of the book to come. I need to search for it in my cluttered flat first.]

No comments: